Instead of focusing on losses this year, after all you all know how much I love my Dad and I think about him every day and miss him so much it hurts bad sometimes, I want to focus on what I gained this year!
- Getting to meet some of the most wonderful little people I’ve ever known. All of the little waddlers were supposed to be out today, so I was trying not to think about needing my waddler fix. I walked into the toddler room, and there was one of the little waddlers! She was as happy to see me as I was to see her!
To quote Susan “cuteness dripping off the walls” for sure!!
- Being able to get out in the woods in person with one my most favorite nature educators, birder extraordinare, and all around great guy Mon@rch!
- Continued and new blog friendships!
- Continued and new in person friendships!
- A bigger than before attitude of gratitude.
- More patience with people, even though I still don’t suffer fools too easily.
- A wonderful trip to Arizona with my Mom.
- Meeting my Mom’s California cousins, one for the first time, the other one for the second time.
Now that Arizona is associated with my Dad’s passing, we’re planning a trip abroad. I’ve never been abroad, so this will be interesting. Certain to be good for blog fodder! I mean, we all know it’s all about the blog after all!
I know I’ve gained much more this year, but these are top on my brain right now.
Happy New Year everyone!