I’ve been requested by Lynne, Susan and Sherry to do the eight things meme. I’ve done this before, so I’m having a hard time coming up with anything new, but maybe for the sake of my new blogging friends, I’ll repeat myself.
Here are the rules for Eight Random Facts:
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I hate wearing shoes. I’ve walked out of the house before to drive somewhere in my bare feet, and had to go back to get my shoes. Seriously, I do not wear shoes unless they are absolutely necessary. That said, if I have to wear shoes, they have to be really good shoes because my feet are very picky (don’t get my Mom started on that subject, the poor woman and what I put her through when I was a kid when she was trying to buy me shoes).
2. I’m a vegan vegetarian, not because of the animal thing, but because meat actually was making me really sick, but I’ll spare you the details.
3. I get bored very easily so I keep very busy all of the time, in fact, I have *too* much to do!
4. I am my own best company, I don’t mind hanging out with myself! Which is a good thing otherwise I’d be hanging out at my home all of the time instead of getting out and doing things! That doesn’t mean that I don’t like to be with my friends and family, though!
5. Orange is my favorite color. It turns out it was my Grandmother’s favorite color, too.
6. I am like my Dad, I miss my Dad beyond words, and I try not to inflict my grief on others (well, not too much) and I don’t think I’ll ever get over not seeing him, talking with him, and hugging him again in my lifetime here on earth.
7. I don’t have many close friends, but the friends I do have are *very* special to me. As is my immediate family (Mom and brothers and niece).
8. I am typically happy all of the time. That’s not to say I don’t have my share of getting torqued, but I get over it and move on.
That’s it for today! If you want to do this and you haven’t been tagged already, please consider yourself tagged because I’d like to learn more about my blogging friends!
And since I don’t like to do photoless blog posts, here’s a Lily in bloom in my Mom’s garden this week:
11 thoughts on “Eight More Things. . .”
Other than the shoeless preference and your favorite color, nothing surprises me. I know you get TORQUED – I love it. It IS good to know you better.
I can’t stand being without shoes. I like the comfort of a good sandal or athletic shoes for my poor feet with 7 screws and 5 pins.
I almost stated my preference for bare feet in my post. In South Africa we carried our school shoes in our satchels and went barefoot to and from school and at home. I am a bare foot person still.
“I am my own best company”, something else to identify with.
I know I would like you a lot!
I hate shoes. Like Mary, I have hardware, but it’s mostly in my heel and shoes make my skin split open.
I like to be by myself, but with the two heathens I have birthed, it’s rare. I think that’s why I love blogging. It’s just me, me and me.
I love your list Pam! :c)
It seems most all of us are comfortable being with just ourselves- maybe it’s the nature of nature-lovers. I am so looking foreward to meeting you at Cape May where I’m sure we’ll learn lots more!
Mary – LOL! I thought of you when I wrote that I get torqued! Ohhh, I would want to wear shoes, too, if I were you. But for now I’m glad I don’t have to because my feet are much happier being shoeless in the summertime.
Ruth – Ohhh, I love the feeling of the earth under my feet. Too bad I can’t go wandering around in my backyard anymore with all of the deer, but I love the feel of grass under my feet. I know I would like you a lot, too!
Susan – Oh, I’m sorry you have hardware in your feet, I know you’ve mentioned it before. Does it bother you to go shoeless like Mary? Oh yeah, alone time is great, isn’t it?
Jayne – thanks!
Lynne – glad to know you like being alone, too! Sometimes I think it’s just me! Yup, orange! I painted my room orange and white stripes when I was a teenager! It was beautiful in my eyes! And that may be one of the reasons why I love the southwest so much, the orange-red color appeals to my eyes very much!
I have been tagged several times and haven’t yet done a post on it. I just can’t come up with 8 things no one knows about me. I tend to spill it all every day on my blog. I guess I’ll continue to think.
I know you miss your dad, Pam. I feel your pain.
Laurie – Go for it! You may have someone (like me) that might not know something. I know you miss Dale, too, and hugs to you Laurie.
Well, you know how I feel about dads. I understand that ache too well.
As for ‘shoeless’ you. I sure wish I could follow suit. These old feet just need the arch support of pair of ugly big shoes.
Orange is a great color, though I wish the word weren’t so awkward in the mouth:0)
Aren’t these meme blogs great?
I enjoyed reading about you!
I too am barefooted as much as possible!!
I get pedicures once a month to help keep the heels smooth.
I spend most of my time with the birds and bugs outside too.
Missing my Father and Mother and sister are part of my everyday. I talk with them in my head. I do think they somehow know I am loving them from afar.
Thank you for doing this.
I like getting to know you.
Sherry – Thank you! Barefooted is the best (in the summertime), isn’t it? I do my own pedicures at night when it’s cooler out (Burt’s Bees with cotton socks). I miss my Dad every day. It’s not easy is it? But it’s nice you talk to your family in your head.
And you’re welcome!